Introduction to Programming: Top Languages to Learn in 2022
Programming language is a tool that instructs computer systems on what and how to perform tasks. Amid the pandemic, the world started revolutionizing around different techs and gadgets. Some crucial points on why nothing is possible without a programming language:
- To develop smart machines and techs.
- Languages are significant to communicate with devices and systems.
- Assists in automating tasks and gear the computing power for all humans.
Top Programming Languages of 2022
Last year, Github released a State of the Octoverse report - more than 60Mn new repositories included after a deep-dive insight of patterns that will empower community, secure software, and more.
It is object-oriented programming (OOP), the most portable and secure language, following the approach of 'write once, running anywhere.' It is used to develop scientific applications, Android apps, desktops, and the web. Some of Java features are:
- Supports multi-threading.
- Automated memory management and dynamic compilation.
- Operates on the WORA principle.
- Top-notch and multi-paradigm OOP language.
Its applications include:
- Used by several game-based firms to develop top-notch quality games.
- Primary usage is to create mobile apps.
- Famous for software and GUI desktop apps development.
- Due to Java code security - ideal for cloud-based app development.
It is the most popular programming language ideal for beginners and widely leveraged in software programming, web creation, AI, etc. Python's features include:
- The syntax is straightforward and similar to English.
- It's an open-source and cross-platform language.
- Uses an interpreter to perform the code.
- Supports OOP paradigm.
- Consists of numerous open-source libraries.
Python applications include:
- Popular Python web frameworks - TurboGears, Django, Web2Py, and Flask.
- Used to develop GUI desktop, console-based, and multimedia-based applications.
- Famous for numerical and scientific approaches in AI and data science.
- Leveraged to create management and control testing in software building.
C++ is a programming language that highlights objects and was originally a successor of C with the OOP feature. The best examples for C++ are Microsoft Windows and Google Chrome. C/C++ features include:
- Simple language for beginners to learn.
- Contain crucial data concepts and structures that are missing in Python and Java.
- Supports manual memory management.
- The Speed of code compilation is greater than Python and Java.
- C++ is also a powerful and high-level language.
- Compact intelligent devices like smartwatches depend on C++.
- Used to develop video games, desktop apps, MySQL, and Adobe.
- The language is compatible with system hardware, making it useful for new operating system development.
- Popular language, useful for GUI app, real-time mathematical solutions, and 3D game development.
It is a general-purpose OOP language built on the base of C, primarily developed by Microsoft for its net framework. C# is used to create cross-platform mobile apps on the platform - Xamarin, where we can write lengthy programs in a few lines and deploy them to iOS and Android.
- Contains numerous libraries and expensive data types.
- Swift compliance and execution of codes.
- Interoperable with C++.
- Easy for C and C++ developers to learn.
C# applications include:
- IoT devices, AI and ML.
- Blockchains and Crypto.
- Windows client apps, libraries, and components.
- Azure cloud apps and services.
- Web services and API.
Developed by Google, it is simple to write language like Python but more efficient like C++ to tackle even the most complicated computational issues. Some of the features and applications of the Go programming language are:
- Swift implementation of CSP-style concurrency.
- Supports the OOP concept and has a super-fast compiler.
- Consists of an embedded garbage collector.
- Google leverages Go on its cloud platform - enhancing cloud infrastructure.
- Leveraged by Netflix, YouTube, and SoundCloud to minimize high media performance load.
- Other platforms using Go - Terraform, Docker, Dropbox, and Kubernetes.
It is an open-source platform containing many libraries and frameworks used for complex graphics and statistical programming analysis. We can integrate it with numerous data processing platforms - Spark or Hadoop. Features and applications of R language include:
- Consists of several numeric and scientific libraries than Python.
- Obtain data from servers, web APIs, and more.
- Robust graphical data visualization libraries.
- Faster than Python.
- Foursquare, Mozilla, and Microsoft leverage R for ML projects.
- Amazon leverages R and its data analysis tools for cross-product suggestion enhancement.
- Facebook uses the language to update social network graphs.
It is a general-purpose, statical type programming language - supporting OOP and functional programming. Some of the features and applications of the language are:
- Compatible with Java and all of its libraries.
- Easy to learn and used to develop Android and online apps.
- Offers null safety, minimizing the Android's crashing probability.
- Contain modern features - support for operator overloading, lambda functions, and more.
- Netflix and Uber hiring Kotlin engineers.
- Popular web apps built on Kotlin - Evernote, Coursera, Trello, and Pinterest.
Image source: Unsplash.com